Getting Low Internet Speed from Second Router ..Pls Guide

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-09 17:53:14
Model : TP-LINK WA500G

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello Everyone ,

I have D-link Dir 615 E4 router with smooth internet connection , no problem at all..
In D-link I have installed dd-wrt and also have enabled QOS for other users.
Now i want to extend my wifi signal where i am getting low signal quality so i connect TP-LINK WA500G access-point through LAN connection .
and i made Tp-LINK as access-point with same SSID same security and channel also ..
then i got high signal strength also but i am getting low internet speed ..
MY main router gives me 5 MBPS speed and tp-link is giving me only 1 MBPS speed ..

I am totally confused veterans please guide
Thanks in advance

I have attached Drawing also pls check
sorry for rough drawing
File:
qos.jpgDownload
Options
4 Reply
Re:Getting Low Internet Speed from Second Router ..Pls Guide
2016-06-12 14:05:59
I think TP-LINK WA500G is too old that you cannot find it in official website. Maybe you could change the wireless channel, use different SSID and fix the wireless bandwidth to 20Mhz for the test again. You could also download the inSSider software that could scan the the wireless network that you know which channel is occupied more. Then you could know the idle channel that have less nerwork.
Options
2016-06-14 20:10:12

johnson wrote

I think TP-LINK WA500G is too old that you cannot find it in official website. Maybe you could change the wireless channel, use different SSID and fix the wireless bandwidth to 20Mhz for the test again. You could also download the inSSider software that could scan the the wireless network that you know which channel is occupied more. Then you could know the idle channel that have less nerwork.

I have done what u said but no luck at this time
Options
2016-06-30 12:07:05
WA500G PROVIDE MAX SPEED 24Mbps for LAN port.... DIR-615 provide 100mbps .... so it not suitable
Options
Getting Low Internet Speed from Second Router Pls
2016-07-11 10:55:07
Six weeks and not a single suggestion Where do I find an X11 auto-config expert?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 678

Replies: 4

Related Articles