Router can't connect to another tp link adsl modem.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-16 18:40:12
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
I have a Tp link TL-WR941ND V3.6 300MBPS router and a TP Link adsl old modem with one port. My problem is that i am unable to connect my router with my modem. There is no indication of lan light on modem as well as on router.

I have a router from another company too and it connects well to my tp limk modem. I want to extend my range and upgrade router so i bought this tp link router from friend. But now i can't seem to get it connected.

My isp require username and password. These are the things that i have already tried:

1. Factory Reset both modem and router.
2. Changed ethernet cables
3. Assigned different subset of ip address to router. However i can't seem to change the address set of modem. It just won't save.
4. Check router WAN port by connecting it to another router. It successfully detected the router.
5. Check for software updates.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Router can't connect to another tp link adsl modem.
2016-06-17 18:29:02
Can you explain me kind of connection between routers? From ADSL to WAN port on the WR941?
Options
2016-06-18 15:24:12

jimasek wrote

Can you explain me kind of connection between routers? From ADSL to WAN port on the WR941?
Yes. From adsl modem to wan port on wr941 though ethernet.
Options
2016-06-18 22:36:04
Can you give me yet info about LAN address on the routers?
Options