Archer C7 Drops WIFI connection when USB slots are used

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-06-29 23:12:03
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hey guys,

My first post here. A month ago I bought an Archer C7 router. I set it up and I use just 2.4 Ghz as of now. (Since I do not have 5Ghz supporting devices). To begin with, the router works great. No WiFi drops etc (when USB slots aren't used). And cable connection works nicely on all 4 ethernet ports

But if I use the USB slots (both of them) the WiFi drops after sometime intermittently. In my case I am using a WD My Passport 2TB drive and it works for sometime. I can see the content in all of my gadgets. But after sometime all of a sudden WiFi drops. Only thing I can do is power off and then power on the router and then it becomes normal. (After disconnecting the drive, of course). I am not sure as to why this is happening. I am not sure if it is because of the consumption of the power of the router by the hard drive or something? Although I can see my drive under "USB settings in the user interface.

Anyway's here are the following steps I have performed with this router.

1) Reset the router using WPS Button for 15 - 20 seconds and set up WiFi again.
2) Tried as "Only 2.4 Ghz" and " Concurrently with 2.4GHz and 5GHz" although it does not make any sense. :P But just tried it.
3) Did a reboot under System tools and set up WiFi
4) Disabled SPI Firmware and NAT (Current Hardware NAT status)

No luck. Again works for sometime. And all of a sudden WiFi drops. I cannot see my WiFi connection on other devices. When this happens, I am not even able to open user interface using 192.168..
Hence I am just using it as WiFi only. I do not want to again invest for a NAS drive,

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer C7 Drops WIFI connection when USB slots are used
2020-04-21 14:11:53

@Bala12 I have the exact same issue.  I suspect faulty hardware, because the drive works fine when I plug it into a computer.  It happes with any USB drive I plug into the router with USB cable (and tried different cables), and it happens in both ports.  

Options
Re:Archer C7 Drops WIFI connection when USB slots are used
2020-08-08 13:31:29

@cam970 

Hello. Greetings from Colombia. 

This issue is also happening to me. I just bought this router less than a week and when an USB is connected, after a couple of hours it stop working (wifi, Lan, everything) 

It happened to me meanwhile I was using the USB, and also when I was not using it. 

Would be great to know if this will be solved soon. It is very annoying specially for a new device. :(

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 575

Replies: 2

Related Articles