Problem: Range Extender RE210 is not working properly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-02 07:42:26
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

It is rather disappointing that TP-Link support did not answer my email regarding this problem. Anyways, I am posting it here. If no solution is provided, I will have to as the distributor for a refund. I am very disappointed.

Here is the problem:

The TP-Link Range Repeater RE 210 (V1) is not working property. It is a complete failure in fact. Several problems happened as I was trying to find a solution. Here are those problems:

Problem 1:
If I plug in the device to power and seek to connect it to my mobile phone or computer for configuration, the computer and phone would give the same error message Cannot connect with this network.

2. Problem 2:
I plug in the device to power and all Led lights start up and stay on. The computer/mobile phone does not discover the RE. I remove the device, wait for a minute or so (even more) the plug it in. No use! The lights are on.

3. Problem 3:
When I first bought the device, I managed to configure and connect it to my TP Link Access Point. It worked fine and I could use the internet without any problem. But, in 15 minutes, I lost the connection and the computer said it could not connect to the device. I checked the device and found all led lights on. I tired to push the power button the device, but no use. I removed the device and plugged it again but no use.

4. Problem 4:
I connected the device to my computer through the Ethernet, but no use at all! The computer keeps telling me that it cannot connect to it.

5. Problem 5:
In most cases, pressing the reset button is useless. It does nothing. I tried and tired and tried! I pressed the button for over a minute. In most cases (when the lights are on), nothing happen. In some cases, it resets, but the computer still refuses to connect.

6. Problem 6:
In many cases, I plug in the deice to the power supply and try do so something like reset, power, and although I would never tamper with the LED button, the lights are suddenly off.

I bought the device only three days ago!

So, is the device defective? Am I misusing the device? Or what else!
Options
2 Reply
Re:Problem: Range Extender RE210 is not working properly
2016-07-03 01:25:06
I have been to the TP Link agent in my city. The maintenance man tried to run it but it failed. He promised to fix it or otherwise replace it.
Options
Re:Problem: Range Extender RE210 is not working properly
2016-07-05 14:29:01
It seems that this device is bad unit, it is recommended to replace another one first. When you connect PC to RE210 via ethernet cable, can your PC obtain IP address?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2969

Replies: 2

Related Articles