Connecting a 'three' home signal box

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-08 17:19:55
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi

I have upgraded to an Archer VR2600 to get better WIFI and Ghz connectivity over the router supplied by Sky in the UK. All is going well except for my Three Home Signal box (extends my mobile phone signal over broadband connection). This worked without problems on the Sky Router, but now does not get a connection when plugged into the Archer. I contacted three who told me that I had to open ports 80, 443, 53, 123, 500 and 4500.

Not being the most experienced IT professional, I looked in the router browser advance section and found the virtual servers section of the Nat forwarding. For each port, I added an entry tying them to the ip address of the home signal box and allowing all protocols. However, this still has not solved my problem.

Sky will not help as I am not using their router and Three cannot help as it was working with the sky router....

Any help or advice would be appreciated
Options
6 Reply
Re:Connecting a 'three' home signal box
2016-07-12 17:09:49
Internet- enable ipv6Advanced- enable full cone nat. Reboot router then three box. Takes about 10 minutes after reboot to pick up a signal
Options
2016-12-14 15:35:15
Thanks for the tip - same problem here with a new VR2600 replacing the seemingly troubled new (and already a replacement has failed) BT Smart Hub (Green Light of Death !) and old Home Hub 5 backup. VR2600 dropped in seamlessly including BT TV and other Smart Devices, but struggled with the Three Home Signal box. Now sorted as above.
Options
2016-12-14 16:21:25
Hi All,
Regarding the Three Home Signal Box, please try the following suggestion:
Login to the router's management page, then go to Advanced -> Network -> Internet, click the modify icon and expand the advanced settings. Then find an option called Full-cone NAT and enable it. Click OK.
After that, please reboot the router and check again if it works.
Thanks.

Options
Connecting a three home signal box
2016-12-24 05:09:44
The ethernet connection goes to a LAN router, not to a PC. What exactly are you trying to do?
Options
2016-12-26 17:19:40
I know that, you must connect the Three Home Signal box to the LAN port of the Archer, right?
We receive similar feedbacks from other customers.
Actually, you don't need to open ports for the three box, but enable the Full-cone NAT option on the Archer. Then everything will work as expected.
Options
2016-12-27 15:30:58
Yes - as above, all confirmed and working. Three Home Signal Box connects to Archer VR2600 with an Ethernet cable. No need to open any ports or use DMZ. Simply enable the Full-cone NAT option on the router settings: ADVANCED - INTERNET - WAN Interface - MODIFY - ADVANCED
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1461

Replies: 6

Related Articles