TL-WN822N not connecting to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-09 17:10:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi there,

I recently bought a TL-WN822N wireless adapter, but I can't get it to connect to the internet. I am connecting to an enterprise network, and I can connect to it fine with my normal wifi, but when I try to connect with the adapter, it doesn't work (I am staying at a university guest house and the wifi doesn't quite reach my apartment without the adapter!).

I'm using a mac running osx 10.10.5

I can connect to the network fine - I put in my login details etc, and it shows me green bars on the wifi utility. However, when I go into network settings, the WLAN connection says there is a self assigned IP address, and the "status" comes up as orange. I tried to fix this by putting in a manual IP address - if I do that then then it says "USB WLAN is currently active" and comes up as green - however I cannot connect to the internet.

I looked in network utility and it seems to suggest that it is connected, and is sending packets, but I can't ping anything.

I've tried renewing the DHCP lease, creating a new location, and putting in manual DNS addresses, but nothing seems to work! Please help me!!

Cheers,
Emma
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1149

Replies: 0

Related Articles