How long does a firmware upgrade take?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-16 17:16:23
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have a C9 V1. There is a later version of the firmware, which I have tried once already to install. Nothing happened for about 10 minutes, so I rebooted with fear and trembling. It rebooted Ok, and it seems that nothing was happening. So before I try it again, I want to know how long to wait for something to happen.

The document 'How to upgrade TP-LINK Wireless AC Router.pdf' that accompanies the software advises
Click the Upgrade button. The device will reboot automatically after the
upgrading has been finished. Please wait about 3 minutes.

Does this match other people's experience?

Options
1 Reply
Re:How long does a firmware upgrade take?
2016-07-20 14:16:54
I have upgraded Archer C9 firmware on multiple different routers to multiple different versions. I have not upgrade from 20150916 to 20160517 yet, but it takes less than five minutes. Sometimes it can be quirky, so I will reset the router to factory before updating and I will never use saved configuration files unless I am loading from same firmware version.
Options