Set user/password for TPLINK RE200 AC750 Wif-Fi Range Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-07-24 12:28:10
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Anyone can tell me if it is possible to set a user/password for the Wi-Fi Access trhough the Extender RE200 AC750 ?

I have all set, nevertheless, my extender is expanding a shared network's signal and several people have the password to access. I bought this extender as the Wi-Fi signal from this network shared router was too weak for me, causing my internet connection to drop. After setting up my Extender and get it connected to the shared router, I have never had any drops again, but my fear is that someone else discover that they can connect to the same router using my repeater and cause saturation in my connection using the repeater.

So far, I have not identified where can I set a user/password to access through the extender or maybe there is no way to do that.

If there is a way to do this, please let me know, otherwise I will have to hope other people don't realize this extender is connecting to the same router we share.

Also, if you have any other suggestion on how can avoid this issue, le me know, I will appreciate it.

Thanks and regards.
Options
4 Reply
Re:Set user/password for TPLINK RE200 AC750 Wif-Fi Range Extender
2016-08-03 17:25:39
RE200 must use the same wifi password with router and it can use different SSID with router.
Options
2016-08-05 23:24:30
hi fsouza

logon to re200's gui and go to "system tools -> password" then change the username and password
Options
2016-08-10 02:47:49
Thank you for responding,

Might you provide a suggestion on what device do I need to do what I require ?, .. practically, the same functionality but including the user/password access restricted.

I will appreciate your comments.
Options
2016-08-10 02:49:35
Hi, Thank you for your response, but I believe that option is for changing the default user/password to access the Extender settings.

What I require is to set a different user/password to access the extended network when accessing from RE200 Extender.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4273

Replies: 4