What replaces TL-WN8200ND V1?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-13 21:23:05
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My wife and I are travelling in Central and South America. Most crummy hotels we stay in advertise free wifi in the room. This generally turns out to be very weak or non existent. A couple of years ago we bought a TP link product that we can attach to our computer and it amplifies the signal, usually to the point that I can actually use the wifi. We've now bought a new computer with Windows 10 and the old driver doesn't want to load into the new computer. Fair enough - I'm happy to buy a new device but which one? I've tried asking in computer stores but their English is lousy and my Spanish is lousy so we end up just staring at one another in embarrassed silence. Looking at the TP link site, I'd guess the range extender is what I'm after but the promo mainly talks about extending the range of the signal in your home. Will this product pick up signal from any wifi source, eg hotels, without having to know a lot of technical stuff about the hotel's router\modem? Also it looks like it plugs into a wall socket instead of the computer for it's power needs. Some of these hotels only have 1 power socket!! and we need to charge up computers, phones etc. Can I just stick the Extender into a small power board we carry around? Obviously I'm not a techie, so if someone can keep it simple, I'd much appreciated it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 185

Replies: 0