TD-W8980 lose connectivity randomly if usb drive sharing is enabled

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-19 15:54:33
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello ,
i've bought a TD-W8980 wireless router about an year ago ; It seems to have some problems when i connect one or two usb drives at its usb ports.
The problem occurred also in the first weeks of router's life , later it luckily disappeared . in these days the problem started again.
I use the pppoe interface for wan connectivity and the isp says that no problem is on the line...
Two days ago i updated the device to the last firmware but today i 've the same problem.
Simply any device connected to the wifi or the cable suddenly lose connectivity to the network until i reset the router itself.... as i said , it seems that this problem occurs only with shared usb disks

Thanks for your support
Options
3 Reply
Re:TD-W8980 lose connectivity randomly if usb drive sharing is enabled
2016-08-22 16:49:26
UPDATE:
I can exclude the usk sharing as a root cause for this problem.
I disabled it and disconnected two 500GB disks (formatted as NTFS) but the problem still persists .

Many thanks for any help .
Options
2016-08-22 18:46:02
I understood that without disks the problem still exist, right?
Options
2016-08-22 20:33:50
Yes , at the beginning i suspected that the problem was disk-related , but also with disconnected disks and sharing disabled it still occurs .
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 293

Replies: 3

Related Articles