Use a TL-WR710N with a power line adapter to extent wifi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-21 18:15:10
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, not even sure of the search terms to find this solution so any help will be appreciated. I have a TL-WR710N Universal Wireless 150 Mbps Pocket Travel Router/Range Extender.

I have room, detached from the rest of the house and that I would like to extend my wifi to. The problem is that normal range extenders don't work for me. The house has very thick stone walls that just about block anything in or out of the house. So I can't position an extender suitably to do the job.

I have power line adapters that work very well so i can get an ethernet port in my remote room. The TL-WR710N plugs in to this and creates a nice little wifi hotspot which is great. But, wanting cake and eating it. I would like the same WIFI ssid as the rest of the house. Or I suppose more accurately i want devices on the wifi in the house (powered from by regular hubs wifi) to see the devices on the TL-WR710N's wifi network.

I'm not sure if this is just the wrong device, or i need some clever networking foo to connect the 2 wifi networks . . .

I hope that makes sense to someone.

Regards
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 288

Replies: 0

Related Articles