Set up wont finish

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Set up wont finish

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Set up wont finish
Set up wont finish
2016-08-22 17:22:46
Model :

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

we just purchased the TP LINK REPEATER WA850RE.
And I have spent more than two hours to set it up or sync it with my wifi, to no avail!

I have followed the instructions for both methods of installation. That is by using the WPS button on my router, which didn't work as the ''RE'' LED kept blinking and did not go solid.

I have also tried using the web browser method.
here, I tried connecting it to my laptop using both methods of ethernet and wireless.
The set up process goes well until where I click on my wifi network, enter its password and click next.
In the following window, the ''copy SSID'' button is not highlighted and I can not click on it.
See picture below.

a couple of times I tried leaving the ''hide SSID'' box unchecked and a few times, checked. It doesnt matter as the result is the same.
So when I click next, the following happens. See pics

It reaches 100% and then,

No matter how many times I tried (both wirelessly or ethernet), the same happened. i tried using different username for the TL device. Still no change.

I also tried connecting to TL device using a tablet, wirelessly.
Here, the final window says wait, the TL is rebooting. and I have left this for more than 20 minutes and still no change or no new window or ... etc!

I tried the tablet method once more and again, after the set up reaches 100%, it says wait, it will reboot. But again it stalls.

What should I do? Plz help.
Options
2 Reply
same problem
2016-09-25 08:28:52
i am having the same problem. i even took it back to Office Max and got a replacement. still doesn't work. says please wait while rebooting. i have waited over 2 hrs and retried several times. resetting and starting over doesn't help.
File:
reboot.PNGDownload
Options
Re:Set up wont finish
2016-10-10 04:52:58
I have the same problem with my router Huawei HG8245H...did you solve it?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1663

Replies: 2

Related Articles