How do I set up the archer C2 as a repeater/bridge???

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-08-25 03:12:39
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,
So I have a virgin media router in an upstairs office, and my desktop is hooked up directly to that.
Then I have a 20 metre ethernet cable coming from that router, going downstairs into the living room, into an archer C2 router, providing it with internet access.

It's doing great as a router by itself....however, nothing connected to the archer, can detect my upstairs desktop, as technically that's on a different network...though it's all wired up to each other.

Is there any way of altering the archer settings in order to make it detect the virgin media router and all things connected to it as a big network? network bridge or something...?

Or... now this might sound stupid...
What if I got an ethernet splitter...then split the ethernet connection before it got to the archer, at the end of the 20m cable.
then put another ethernet cable in coming out of the archer, into the splitter...would that work? or would that mess everything up?
Options
1 Reply
Re:How do I set up the archer C2 as a repeater/bridge???
2016-08-26 09:04:53
Options