Blocked from Playstation Network and a single website after modem/router reset

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-02 02:03:48
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

After turning my modem & router off/on a couple of days ago I have been unable to access www.bankofscotland.co.uk (BoS) or the Playstation Network on my PS3 & PS4.

When trying to access the BoS website I get an error message on their end saying "Sorry, an error has occurred [Error: 1007 ID: 40091259]". The Playstation receives internet fine but fails to connect to its own network.

Otherwise the internet connection is normal and no other website/service seems to be effected. The website cannot be loaded on any device I have tried, and wired/wireless connection has no impact. Cycling power on any of the devices does nothing either. I was able to access the site via mobile data, so have confirmed it is not a website or device issue (as far as I know!).

I contacted Virgin Media and was instructed to connect my laptop with the modem directly and stop/start the DHCP client. This seemingly worked & allowed me to access the BoS website again! However, when I reconnected the router to the modem and accessed the internet that way, the problem returned.

So it seems that there is a problem with my IP address (or something?) in relation to this website and the Playstation network, and it seems to be a problem with the Archer C7 rather than the Virgin Modem or the service in general.

If anyone has experience of this problem or knows what might be causing it then I would be grateful for any help! Hope I have provided enough info.

Thanks

Router Model: Archer c7 V2
Modem: Virgin Superhub
Powerline adapters: TP-Link
Options
3 Reply
Re:Blocked from Playstation Network and a single website after modem/router reset
2016-09-02 11:32:19
have you tried to reset the router and reconfigure it again?
Options
Re:Blocked from Playstation Network and a single website after modem/router reset
2016-09-02 23:49:23
Yes I have reset it, gone through set-up again, updated to the latest firmware, made sure the time/date etc was right. No change unfortunately.
Options
2020-04-08 07:55:55

@njc00001 

Ho, same problem here with Archer C6.

If i use the lan cable directly from the modem it's work, but the router seems to block connection only to the psn servers.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1575

Replies: 3

Related Articles