Router requires username and password [TL-WA850RE]

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-05 21:24:17
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

My sister recently bought the extender mentioned in the title for use in her university's dorm rooms. However, the router there requires a unique username and password for each student (their university registry number and their own password), and I couldn't find a solution to that over the phone.

Is there any way to connect the extender to the router using both a username and a password?

Thank you.
Options
3 Reply
Re:Router requires username and password [TL-WA850RE]
2016-09-06 08:58:01
I dont understand completely,the extender is used to extend the exisiting WIFI network ,is there a wifi network around the dorm?
Options
2016-09-06 18:58:00
I suppose I should have explained the situation in a little more detail.

I haven't actually done any of these myself, as my sister lives quite a few kilometers away, so it's all been through the phone with me telling her what to do, from what I read in the manual of the product.

There is indeed a WiFi network around the dorm. When a student wants to login to the WiFi, they have to enter a unique to them username, and a password of their choice. Not in a webpage AFTER they connect to the WiFi, but just to connect to the wireless network itself.

As I understood it, the Extender requires access to the WiFi network, which is usually simply done by using the WiFi password when setting up the extender. However, when I was helping her set it up through the phone, she said her only two options were to use a password only for the WiFi network, or no security (password) at all. The first one obviously didn't work, as it uses a username as well (her unique student ID). The second one seemed to connect the Extender to the WiFi network (as her signal was very much stronger), but there was no internet access, as her device (phone) was never given access using her unique username and password (as I understand it, at least).

I may be wrong somewhere, or there might have been a communication error between us, but this is the situation thus far, as I experienced it yesterday.

Thank you for your time.
Options
2016-09-13 15:41:33
Hi,
the extender do not support enterprise encryption,it is what the school wifi used according to your description.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1831

Replies: 3