Archer D7 Daily Dropouts/Brick

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-06 12:33:29
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Heyo, I recently bought an Archer D7 and ever since setting it up it has dropped both ethernet and wireless connections daily.
This has happened everyday and at the same time around 12-1PM. This is not an internet issue as telstra themselves has come and checked the line and there are no faults, also since my old T-Gateway(ISP Supplied modem) did not have this issue.

The D7 during this time will drop WiFi first then about 20secs later drop all Ethernet Connections aswell. It is impossible to access the router page and no device can reconnect to it even though the wifi will still show up in the search list for devices looking for wifi. When trying to connect nothing happens. Even pressing the button on the back of router to toggle wifi on and off does nothing. The only way to fix this is to reset the router everytime it happens, which is proving to be a rather tedious task.

It is currently running this firmware and hardware version.
Firmware Version:1.7.0 0.9.1 v0051.0 Build 160322 Rel.56836n Hardware Version:Archer D7 v1 00000002
I was going to try and downgrade the firmware to the previous version to see if it was maybe a firmware version but everytime i try i get the error "The uploaded file was not accepted"(error 4503) so it wont let me do so to see if it fixes the problem.

I have tried fully factory reseting it etc, nothing seems to fix it that i have tried so far and i am out of ideas of what to do, so i decided to post here.
Not sure if it matters but i live in Australia and the D7 is Version 1.1
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer D7 Daily Dropouts/Brick
2016-09-06 13:56:01
When D7 drop again, you should see if your computer gets an IP address and if no, change your computer's IP to static IP such as 192.168.0.100/255.255.255.0 . Then try if you can access the configuration page of D7.
Options
Archer D7 Dropout
2016-09-16 12:14:55
I had the SAME problems -
Complete freeze / hang of the D7.
Needed a power cycle to get responding again.
After chat to Lois at TP-Link support (thanks Lois) tried to perform a Firmware upgrade.

Current firmware is :-
Firmware Version:1.7.0 0.9.1 v0051.0 Build 160322 Rel.56836nHardware Version:Archer D7 v1 00000002

Tried to change firmware to 160216 (an EU labelled firmware but on the Australian site) and also to 150824.

Both times received :-
Error code: 4503
The uploaded file was not accepted.

Device was hanging every 10 hours, then every 30 minutes. This is a NEW unit.
POSSIBLE SOLUTION -
The unit felt, and still feels warm. Have placed it on a cage
to assist airflow, and it seems to be going okay. We'll see.

:confused:

Well, 1 week on, what's the update?
Even in less confined spot, the unit KEPT ON HANGING!!!!
Logs were useless, as the log was wiped on the hang. I stillthink it's a heat problem, but .... asking for replacement today. Unit is only 10 days old.

23 September 2016
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 663

Replies: 2