WR810N can't set wireless AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-12 16:36:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hoping this is the right section to post, i recently bought via amazon a TL-WR810N. I already own a TL-WR710N with which I was able to set the wireless AP mode, where I chose the root wifi to extend and then set a new custom ssid\pass for the subnetwork created with the WR710N.

Now I needed a more speedy one, hence I decided to buy the WR810N which is from the same line of product and the only difference in specification was the speed. However now in the the configuration panel if I choose the AP mode (using the manual solid switch on the side of the device) I can't choose to use as a root connection an existing wifi network, seems like that in AP mode it can only diffuse to wifi an ethernet root connection.
How is that possibile that a device supposedly higher in the product line has lower configuration options than the WR710N?

P.S.
Using the repeater mode it correctly repeat the root wifi signal, however I am not allowed to choose a custom ssid and password for the new repeated signal.

What I aim to achieve is to extend an existing wifi signal but creating a new wifi network whit his unique name\pass, different from the root wifi one.
Options
1 Reply
Re:WR810N can't set wireless AP
2016-09-13 16:26:05
sorry to tell you that 810N do not support what you want ,you can chose to return it or just use the repeater mode
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 401

Replies: 1