TP-W9980 managing fixed IP addresses

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-13 05:55:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Today my new TP-W9980 N600 arrived - I managed to get it set up quickly but have run into an issue with how I had my network setup previously.

On my old router, I was able to set up computers and devices with their own fixed/manual IP - I have 20+ devices around the house that now cannot connect to the network any more.

I figured out that I can resolve this by reserving IP addresses.. but this requires the MAC address for all those devices - which tbh is a massive pain. And I wondered if there was a straightforward way in which I can set the router to just allow any incoming fixed ip addresses?

Or do I have to go this reserve route?

Any help greatly appreciated!
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-W9980 managing fixed IP addresses
2016-09-17 01:33:12
I think the best way to do that is to copy and paste all the MAC addresses and IP addresses from the "client list" page which is under DHCP settings on the router. Its stil a major pain but copy and paste is qicker than wringing it all down
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 392

Replies: 1