T4UH Initialisatoin Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-17 03:20:06
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

Looking for some assistance as it's beyond me what's wrong.

Family home, with 3 machines and bought a T4UH Archer to expand wireless capability to an upstairs machine.
So I can't get it to power up in the machine that I need to use it on. I've tried all the USB 2.0 ports and the 3.0 ports on an expansion card. All these ports work to connect printers, keyboard, mouse, memory sticks etc but cannot get this device to activate on any of them.
Can't get it to activate in my own machine either.

Seems to work fine on the one computer i dont need it to work on, the one downstairs connected to the internet router by ethernet cable.

All computers run Win10x64, 2 are AMD builds, one is Intel.

I can't see what the common factor is stopping it from working. I've checked BIOS settings, device manager settings, windows settings, hardware profiles, options to activate or deactivate particular power saving modes and legacy modes. On the one computer that it does activate on, it shows up in device manager as TP Link Wireless USB adapter as soon as you plug it in (i haven't installed the drivers as i dont need it working on this machine).

Can someone throw some ideas at me or let me know what I may be doing wrong? I can't even think of what i could be doing wrong - it's USB. You plug it in, it works. I mean, it should at least power up and flag up in device manager but I can't even get it to do that on 2 computers.

Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
Re:T4UH Initialisatoin Issues
2016-09-27 03:29:54
this product is doomed. the driver is buggy and tplink doesn't give a damm since it's release.
connect in a 2.0 usb port, install the only released driver manually and connect only to 2.4ghz network and you might get only a few crashes in a month.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 221

Replies: 1