The dreaded ping gateway fail

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-20 23:48:45
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Im praying that someone can help me out here..

I have moved from a bt homehub5 to the TPlink n600 WD9980 and my internet seems alot smoother so does my wireless devices (xbox etc..)

My only concern is drop outs and hesitations when loading webpages. Ive run the internet surfing test in the diagnostics and it allways comes back with the same errors..

How and what causes the 2 failures?

See attached picture

Thanks in advance :)

Options
1 Reply
Re:The dreaded ping gateway fail
2016-10-10 20:05:25
Jim, I also get this and haven't been able to resolve or even find a hint as to what it could be.

I also moved from BT Homehub 5 as their port forwarding ability was / IS abysmal and we have an internet connected CCTV system, plus many devices in the home of a family, that the HH5 just could not deliver on.

Mind you, have you tried calling BT with any service related issues, that you just know are not really to do with the router but their service outside of the house... they just put a brick wall up when they find out it's a 3rd party router, it truly galls me.

Did you ever get around to resolving this issue at all, please?

Regards,
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 584

Replies: 1