Wich wireless router should I Choose?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-22 04:02:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello, for everyone. first of all I appologize for my english, it's not always right/corect, but I'm trying to perfect it. I'm the IT administrator of a school and I'm having trouble with a building, actually the WI-FI inside it, i would like to install for the students(100 students in 25 rooms) 2 routers, wich can support approx 100 smartphones and 80 laptops over the Wi-Fi. I installed 2 Tp-Link Tl-WR1043ND routers, but after a period of 20 or max. 30 min the internet connection is down. The signal from the laptop to the router it's ok, because I put on the level 1, the router Nr1, and the second level the router nr 2. On each level i give only the password from the router of that level. I set up so that one router dhcp work with the 192.168.1.1 class, and the second one with the 192.168.2.1 class. Also I set up the wi-fi channel for the first router to 6, and the second routers wi-fi channel to 11. But the problem is still there, after 20 min the network is overflooded(even if I enabled the ICMP, UDP, TCP flood option). The cause I think is that they are to many smartphones, which (when are connected through wi-fi) are updating each one their applications. Can anybody tell me wich router could support through wi-fi so many phones and laptops?

Ps: after I power on the router on a speedtest.net i get a speed of 75-80Mbps download and a 95Mbps upload. after 5 min, drops down to 30Mbps download, and after about 20 min the download speed is in some cases 0.1Mbps download if I can acces the speedtest.net. The signal from the laptop to the router drops from 100% to 60%. Both of the routers are brand new ones, I bought them 5 days ago.
Options
2 Reply
Re:Wich wireless router should I Choose?
2016-09-23 14:52:35
A SOHO Router is not enough, you need a SMB router and AP for networking.
Options
Re:Wich wireless router should I Choose?
2016-09-27 04:16:34
Hello, thanks for reply. Should I setup one of the 2 routers as an AP? The Wi-fi signal is ok, at the laptops and phones, but the internet is not functioning, even a simple ping from a notebook(3m awat from the router, or even next to the router) to the router gives a response of 200-300 s, that's insane!!! I don't know what are the reasons for the lac of response from the router, and of course why i have full signal but the sites are not loading in browsers. After I disabled the security flood option it's improved a little, but when all the students are inside their rooms, the internet breaks down. At 1 router if there is 37 or 20 devices connected, 5 or max. 7 devices are notebook and the rest of them are smartphones with android on them, and even if ther are only 20 devices connected on the router teh internet falls, but the signal to the router it's perfect. I think that one possible cause might be the hot spots of the phone wich are activeted, and those hot spots make some interfeerence with my router. is that possible, that some hot spots to interfeer with a Tl-WR1043ND router, even if the routers wi-fi channel is at 11 and the the bandwidth is at 40Mhz?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 2