iOS device won't connect to internet via main AP, only range extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-09-23 20:56:21
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have a
TL-WA860RE. It's working well with my Mac. I've noticed a problem with my iPad.

The iPad works fine when standing next to the range extender. Then I move to stand next to the main router/AP, out of range of the extender, and the iPad cannot connect to the internet any more - there's a wifi signal but no internet connection.

Any ideas?

Thanks!
Options
3 Reply
Re:iOS device won't connect to internet via main AP, only range extender
2016-09-28 12:50:12
I'm having this exact same problem. I have an AC1750 Wi-Fi Range Extender RE450 which works fine with my other devices (iphone/ mbp) but does not work for my ipad
Options
Re:iOS device won't connect to internet via main AP, only range extender
2016-10-07 18:45:02
Exactly the same problem . My main router is TD-W8951ND and i setup wa854re extender. Tried all the suggested solutions; upgrade firmwares, change channel, security prorocols, static ip method but not working properly. if my iphone connects near extender and then i move to near main router iphone is connected to network but not access internet.
Options
Update
2016-10-08 15:51:08
My router is a D-Link (provided by my internet provider, with their badge on it, so probably not the best quality). I'm going to try with a different router and I will see if it makes any difference.

(As a workaround, I have set up the range extender as _EXT and I choose the network manually.)
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1648

Replies: 3

Related Articles