Share Laptop internet connection with TL-WR710N

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-01 02:17:35
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have recently bought a TP-Link TL-WR710N and I would like to know if the following is possible:

I connect my laptop to a wifi network in my office. I would like to connect my laptop with a lan cable to the TP-LINK and then somehow share its internet connection so that devices like an Raspberry Pi or a smartphone can use it to connect to the internet.

Is that possible?

Thanks a lot
Stefanos
Options
4 Reply
Re:Share Laptop internet connection with TL-WR710N
2016-10-22 17:10:43
There are two ways to share the internet from the laptop with other devices
1)Connect the LAN cable to the wan port of the router and the put the other end of the LAN cable to the ethernet port of the laptop and enable internet sharing feature. Don't forget to select obtain IP address automatically from the TP link router settings page. 2) use a WiFi hotspot software and turn your laptop into a hotspot.
Options
Check You Wifi Adapter
2018-04-11 19:32:23
You need to check your wifi adapter if it's working properly. Many a time fault in wifi adapter may hinder the process of creating Wifi Hotspot or even using wifi. https://www.infogeeker.com/create-wifi-hotspot-windows-software/">best hotspot software[URL="https://www.infogeekers.net/create-wifi-hotspot-windows-software/ for any Windows PC. These are small, free and working software that might help you out. But remember you need to have a wifi adapter.
Options
I have Same issue
2018-06-15 20:03:54

stefanostam wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have recently bought a TP-Link TL-WR710N and I would like to know if the following is possible:

I connect my laptop to a wifi network in my office. I would like to connect my laptop with a lan cable to the TP-LINK and then somehow share its internet connection so that devices like an Raspberry Pi or a smartphone can use it to connect to the internet.

Is that possible?

Thanks a lot
Stefanos

\I have Same issue
Options
Re:Share Laptop internet connection with TL-WR710N
2018-06-29 11:30:47
There is no need to add a wireless router.
We can get a wireless adapter to use the SoftAP function to share the network.
Certainly, we have to make sure the adapter does support SoftAP on the laptop( OS).
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2169

Replies: 4