TL-WR841N - DHCP from FritzBox, problems with NAT and DHCP (I guess)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-02 23:52:00
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi
I have a FritzBox (from my ISP) as DSL Router, TimeServer, DHCP-Server, DECT-Server, WLAN-Router,... in my HomeNetwork and will extend this Network in another room with poor WLAN-Signal. LAN 1-4 together with WAN should act as a Switch in my HomeNetwork...

I guess, the problem is, TL-WR841N will NAT the adresses from the other Room and get them it's own IP-Adresses from the internal DHCP, so the PCs in the other Room are not accessable from the rest of my HomeNetwork. If I disable DHCP, the Clients will not even get a valid IP.

I'm connected the TL-WR841N on the WAN-Port with a static adderss, LAN 1 will now go to one of the PCs instead of direct, as before.
I plan to use the WLAN as accesspoint with the same SSID and secret, as FritzBox's WLAN. LAN 2-4 will be used for future needs.

How do I have to configure the TL-WR841N to act as extension of my existing HomeNet (same IP-network, Devices reachable in both ways, etc.)?
I guess, it would be a good Idea, if TL-WR841N don't NAT and get the IP-addresses from FritzBox's DHCP... Even the WLAN of TL-WR841N should get the IP-Subnet from FritzBox's DCHP...

I would be lucky, if someone could help me to configure the TL-WR841N in the right way.
If it's not possible, then I plan to flash OpenWRT on the TL-WR841N...

Many thanks in advance

Hausi

P.S. I guess, also other Users will have similar problems, not even with FritzBox...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 497

Replies: 0

Related Articles