Any recommendation for extending this TP-Link router range?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-03 04:48:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

My brother has a TP-Link ac1200 Archer D5 (ver 1) router. He needs to extend the signal to one end of the property and I suggested a compatible TP-Link extender would be best.
He may need to extend it again from the enxtended range (daisy chain extenders). There is currently no cat6 form the router to the first extender location but in the cuture this will be sorted.

So for now, I was hoping for a recommendation of an extender to suit both requirements. I see another recent post suggesting a particular TP-Link extender works when daiy chaining as long as it's ver 2 of that product.

Presumably the extender works by having dual antenae and connections on one channel to the existing wifi then extends it on another channel? it doesn't matter much how it works to us but I was just wanting to give them an example of real world use so they can know whether to do this as an interim. I imagine if my guess is right then as they move from one zone of the property to another and switch wifi, they may notice a pause in anything they are streaming in realtime if buffering is not in use. In otherwords they probably will never notice anything at all ..(right?)

Cheers for any input
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 390

Replies: 0