Archer C9 - Time Sync off Internet as an AP.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-08 06:12:09
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I have two Archer C9's (v1 hardware, latest firmware) that are configured as just Access Points.
First issue, I don't think the Time Option 'Get Automatically off Internet" works unless the Archer itself is connected to the internet via its WAN Port. Because I am just using this device as an access point it is connected to the main router via the 1GB LAN port (which I read somewhere is how it should be configured).

Can anyone confirm the C9 can only get internet time sync via the WAN port? Without the time sync working it makes the Parental Controls useless.

Thanks.
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C9 - Time Sync off Internet as an AP.
2016-10-11 09:06:07
Is this forum monitored by TP-Link support staff? One whole page of questions with zero responses, it is like a ghost town.
Options
2016-10-12 19:04:46
I have seen no evidence that tp-link actively participates in these forums for as long as I have been around. If you need support you have to contact tp-link and open a service ticket.
Options
2016-10-19 17:02:40

VimFuego wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi All,

I have two Archer C9's (v1 hardware, latest firmware) that are configured as just Access Points.
First issue, I don't think the Time Option 'Get Automatically off Internet" works unless the Archer itself is connected to the internet via its WAN Port. Because I am just using this device as an access point it is connected to the main router via the 1GB LAN port (which I read somewhere is how it should be configured).

Can anyone confirm the C9 can only get internet time sync via the WAN port? Without the time sync working it makes the Parental Controls useless.

Thanks.

Hi,
From my opinion, it seems impossible to set up parental control when the router works as an AP, although it can sync time correctly.
Once it's set up as an AP, then the router works as a switch and only purely forwards the packets between the root router and the clients. In other words, the clients are not under control of the tplink router anymore.
Options
2016-10-21 05:18:16
Thanks Kevin, maybe what they should do is have it work similar to the MAC Filtering in Access Control where it just won't allow WiFi devices with matching MAC addresses to join the network between certain times, that would work regardless of it being an Access Point or used as the Main Router.
Options
2016-11-30 19:14:24

VimFuego wrote

Thanks Kevin, maybe what they should do is have it work similar to the MAC Filtering in Access Control where it just won't allow WiFi devices with matching MAC addresses to join the network between certain times, that would work regardless of it being an Access Point or used as the Main Router.

Access points don't managed connections, routers do. Set up the scheduling on your router. An AP doesn't need to know what time it is, as it is simply a connection to a router that is somewhere else. From what you are saying, it sounds like you want a gateway rather than an AP.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 693

Replies: 5

Related Articles