My TPlink Archer C7 Wifi doesn't work properly after I connected a Wireless-N Wifi-Repeater/Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

My TPlink Archer C7 Wifi doesn't work properly after I connected a Wireless-N Wifi-Repeater/Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-20 02:20:04
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

So I've bought the Archer C7 in hopes of having proper Wifi on the first floor, through the ferroconcrete floor. It didn't work well enough. So I connected a UTP cable through the conduits in the walls in my house to the first floor, and I connected it to the Wireless-N Wifi-Repeater/Extender. I use it in extension mode, not repeater mode, cause the original wifi does not reach its location. Now I have wifi upstairs, when devices are connected to the WiFi repeater network, and my PC, that has a wire to the Archer C7, also still works. But my original wifi downstairs (TP-LINK_2.4GHz_Bxxxxx) has ceased working. When I restart the Archer it appears for about 20 seconds,and then loses internet connection. Sometimes I can connect to it, but it won't provide internet access.

It almost feels as though the router knows I have connected a different WiFi antenna upstairs, and has decided it no longer needs to provide Wifi itself.
Anyone have any ideas for troubleshooting? The router-menu (192.168.0.1) has such a ridiculous amount of options I don't understand, any assistance would be appreciated...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 426

Replies: 0