C3200 a question from a Mac user

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-23 04:29:26
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

With my old Airport Extreme, my MacBook Pro, or iMac, was online within 10 seconds from waking them up from sleep. With the C3200 it can take anywhere up to a minute to re-establish a wifi connection. Is this an issue with the factory settings on the C3200 or is it because it just works better when using Apple's own routers?

Best regards
Geir Rosset
Oslo
Norway
Options
3 Reply
Re:C3200 a question from a Mac user
2016-12-02 04:47:59

geirrosset wrote

Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

With my old Airport Extreme, my MacBook Pro, or iMac, was online within 10 seconds from waking them up from sleep. With the C3200 it can take anywhere up to a minute to re-establish a wifi connection. Is this an issue with the factory settings on the C3200 or is it because it just works better when using Apple's own routers?

Best regards
Geir Rosset
Oslo
Norway

Just upgraded myself to C3200 from Airport Extreme. Does not have problem with it taking longer to connect to the C3200 compared to Airport Extreme on my Macbook or iMac. Have noticed though a few times they would forget the WIFI connection, and I had to reconnect, strange issue maybe because I use hidden SSID. Else with Airport Extreme I had to turn on and off my wifi on my Macbook or iMac sometimes, else it would not work at all, one reason I upgraded, also for the 3ird band and more flatter design and no fan built in.

Have you solved your issue? If so please share :).
Options
2016-12-27 16:16:11
I have the same problem with my Mac mini, it takes several minutes until its online and accessible, did not have this problem with my TimeCapsule.
Options
2016-12-29 22:05:56
Sounds strange. May I know your firmware version on C3200?
I'll make a test later at home.

enginolo wrote

I have the same problem with my Mac mini, it takes several minutes until its online and accessible, did not have this problem with my TimeCapsule.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 493

Replies: 3

Related Articles