Windows 10 update cuts access to USB and configuration utility!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-10-25 08:29:18
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I have had an Archer D7 (AC1750) running in the home for some time without any issues. Recently, after some updates to Windows 10 the computer will no longer let me log into the configuration utility through http://tplinkmodem.net/ . Neither can it find a thumb drive I have in the back of the modem. A shortcut to it no longer works and I can no longer find it. The modem still works ok and I still have network access. I can access the configuration utility and the thumb drive through a Linux laptop and through an old Windows 7 machine. I can still access a WDMYCLOUD device networked connected to the modem. Also both the Windows 7 and Windows 10 have the same Trend antivirus/firewall software. So my belief is that it is not a firmware issue or a Trend firewall issue but the security settings on the Windows 10. Does anyone know how to get around these or change these to let me see the configuration utility and the USB connection again or have any other suggestions as to what is going on. I have also tried, through one of the other machines, to set up the USB thumb drive as a media server and an FTP server but the Windows 10 machine still cannot find it or connect to it.
Options
1 Reply
Windows 10 update cuts access to USB and configuration utility
2016-11-09 09:31:23
How can I access the osx partition? Using the USB? All I get atm when I boot up atm is just a blinking cursor
Options