Help with TP-LINK and Vodafone Sure Signal 3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-08 00:04:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi
Ok here's where I am, I had a TP-Link W8980 on a BT Infinity connection. worked ok but had to use a BT modem which was not very reliable so I got an Archer VR2600 and that was great BUT the SureSignal does not work. I have tried both DHCP allocation and static IP, done the port forwarding but all to no avail. Of course Vodafone blame BT and vice versa, if I plug the unit into another BT ADSL it works fine, trouble is BT routers are awful and my office VOIP phone will not work, we think due to SIP ALG.
Vodafone are saying and I quote "That they are getting an authentication failure on the VPN it sets up as the dynamic IPSEC packet is being fragmented".
They do state the MTU needs to be 1500 and one guy on the Vodafone forum is adamant that this is the case, however TP-LINK support are saying the max is 1492, the BT modem that does work is set to 1500.
Anyone got any ideas? I no have 5 phones with no signal!!
Cheers
Options
7 Reply
Re:Help with TP-LINK and Vodafone Sure Signal 3
2016-11-27 17:12:44
Hi, I have a similar problem.Using the Archer 2600 with the latest firmware on a standard ADSL link (Zen Internet) both my SureSignal and voip phone worked okay without making any changes to the router configuration.I then upgraded to fibre and hence I used the same router with the Zen VDSL profile. At this point I lost both the SureSignal and VOIP phone.Disabling Stun pass through fixed the phone.However the SureSignal remains a problem. So far I have replaced the SureSignal 3, reserved the IP address, configured port forwarding, swapped out the router. Nothing works. Have you been able to make any further progress ?Thankschris
Options
2016-11-28 20:21:17
Hi
No luck at all, I have just got via e-Bay a new BT Hub 5 to see if thats any better, I'll let you know but it looks like the TP-LINK is destined for e-Bay, an expensive mistake!!
Cheers
shaun
Options
2016-12-10 17:40:15
Hi Shaun,
Did you have any luck with your BT Hub 5 and if so did you go with an MTU of 1500 ?

Thanks

Chris
Options
2017-08-21 23:53:36

karibi wrote

Hi Shaun,
Did you have any luck with your BT Hub 5 and if so did you go with an MTU of 1500 ?

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,
Did you get the problem solved afterwards? I am in the same situation. Have a SureSignal V3 which stopped working after changing my router from Huwai to Archer MR200.
Regards,
Volker
Options
2017-08-25 18:00:22
anyone changed the MTU that fix the problem? Does it require the router to be VPN passthrough?
Options
2017-08-26 01:36:36
Sorry but I can't help. I threw all my efforts at it, over a 10 day period, managed to get through to some meaningful Vodafone technical support but nothing worked. I tested both a low end Zyxel router and an expensive Draytek router and both worked straight out of the box within about 30 min to synch. My conclusion was that in this respect the TPLink was not up to the job. Ultimately I returned my TP Link router to Amazon and explained it wasn't fit for purpose. Although it was well outside the return period they were very understanding and credited my account. Ultimately bought a Draytek - expensive but no regrets.
Options
2017-08-31 14:23:50
Guys, you can contact support@tp-link.com to find a solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1068

Replies: 7

Related Articles