5 GHz Wi-Fi drops on Archer C5 v1.2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-11-14 01:21:34
Model : Archer C5

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version : 3.14.3 Build 150428 Rel.75843n

ISP : RCS & RDS

A couple of years ago, I have bought an Archer C5 V1.2. From the very beginning, I have noticed the slow connection to the internet and not being able to use IPv6. The third day after buying it I have flashed OpenWRT and things changed a little bit. The router was more stable and I had IPv6. You may laugh, but few weeks ago I have noticed .. the hardware NAT feature in the specifications. This feature which is available only on the stock firmware. Consequently, I have flashed back the stock firmware, 3.14.1 followed by an upgrade to 3.14.3. There was no way to use IPv6 again. Besides that the router worked well at the moment. 2 days later the 5 GHz Wi-Fi ceased to work. I wasn't even able to connect to it the wired way. A hard reset made the router work for another 2 days when I've got the same situation. Hammering the router with speed tests seems to accelerate the crash.

I have looked for the problem on this forum and I haven't found anything similar. I have also looked for new versions, but only Archer C7 v2 (which seems to be the thinner twin brother of my router model) has a newer one. I have read somewhere there was a beta tester program but I couldn't find it anymore. Could you, please tell me how to provide you some logs or something similar to help you narrow the problem?
Options
1 Reply
Re:5 GHz Wi-Fi drops on Archer C5 v1.2
2016-11-16 05:14:09
I have realized I haven't attached the settings of the 5 GHz interface. Here they are.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1224

Replies: 1

Related Articles