Archer C7 issues All Tech Support from China

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-11 01:23:51
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm losing connectivity across all my devices (desktop PC, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV) several times a day for 5 to 15 minutes.
Rebooting the router or bridged modem does NOT restore it. It spontaneously comes back whenever. That's the only remedy -- time.

I have internet connectivity when I unplug the cable from the router and plug my PC directly into the modem. Speed is good with no loss of connectivity whatsoever.

That's it in a nutshell. I've tried on multiple days to contact T-P Link tech support and each time I'm routed to China where people have such thick accents
that they're incapable of making themselves understood. No help from that.

I e-mailed tech support and received a response not only in a different language but it was in a different alphabet. (Czech or Russian) YIKES !!!!

How in the heck do I get help with this from somebody who speaks proper English who I can understand?
Options
5 Reply
Re:Archer C7 issues All Tech Support from China
2016-12-15 13:38:10
Hello,
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regarding this issue, may I know what's your internet service provider? And what's the internet connection type on your Archer C7?
For email of English technical support, it's recommended to create a ticket from the link below:
ticket.tp-link.com
Options
2016-12-19 03:40:05

tplink wrote

Hello,
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Regarding this issue, may I know what's your internet service provider? And what's the internet connection type on your Archer C7?
For email of English technical support, it's recommended to create a ticket from the link below:
ticket.tp-link.com

ISP is Rogers Telecommunications

Wireless bridged from a Rogers cable modem

On December 17, 2016 I lost wifi connectivity across all my devices for approx 1 hour between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m.
On December 18, 2016 I lost wifi connectivity across all my deices for an unknown period of time. I just stopped trying to get access.
Wifi returned spontaneously. When I tried the internet on my iPhone some hours later, wifi was back.

Awaiting your further reply

Thanks
Options
2016-12-19 21:56:35
Hi,

You should test the wireless signals with a software like Wi-Fi Scanner for Windows or another scanner for Android tablet.

The goal is to identify if the router is still emitting or not...
Options
2016-12-21 05:57:20
I have used Wi-Fi Scanner as you suggested.

I have obtained two reports today. How can I post them to this thread?

I'm no expert in reading the scan data, but I found it curious that the 4GHz band doesn't seem to be registering at all on the graphs.
Options
2016-12-22 17:35:42
If you see the signals around but not yours, probably the Archer C7 is no more emitting.
How are the wireless leds ? off or blinking ?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 466

Replies: 5

Related Articles