new Archer C2… troubles with WDS Bridge mode. Help?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-11 21:09:37
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi everyone,

Having issues that I hope someone might be able to help. I'm just your regular geek, so please bear with me as I'm no pro.

Setup is Archer C2 in WDS Bridge mode (2.4GHz) to pick up a weak wifi signal, and re-transmit with the 5Ghz so as to extend coverage. Here are my issues.

- Have to reboot the unit 4-5 times a day, as it drops connection on the 5Gz. A simple unplug/plug of seconds fixes this. Very annoying. I changed the properties and dropped the 802.11 a protocol, I think it may have helped a little

- Once I finish setup as per TP-Link's tutorial, disable DHCP and reboot, I am no longer able to connect to the admin page to change configs. I need to reset are start the config all over again. 192.168.1.1, x.x.0.1 does nothing, nor the specific IP's I set for each antennae, wired or wireless.

- When everything is up an running fine, I can't seem to get a known ethernet cable to work. Is WDS Bridge limited to wifi only?

- In WDS mode, will I be able to use the USB port as a file server ?

thanks!
Options
2 Reply
Re:new Archer C2… troubles with WDS Bridge mode. Help?
2016-12-15 11:36:34
Hello,
Please follow the FAQ link below to set up your WDS:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-440.html
After that, please make a ping test to the front-end device.
If you want to login C2's admin page, then you need to input the new LAN IP address you configured. If it doesn't make a difference, please check if your client has got an IP address.
Options
Re:new Archer C2… troubles with WDS Bridge mode. Help?
2016-12-16 01:03:56

tplink wrote

Hello,
Please follow the FAQ link below to set up your WDS:
http://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-440.html
After that, please make a ping test to the front-end device.
If you want to login C2's admin page, then you need to input the new LAN IP address you configured. If it doesn't make a difference, please check if your client has got an IP address.

That is exactly the guide I followed, to the letter, did not change a thing.
Please take into consideration what I wrote in the first post.

Just to be clear, yes I absolutely can connect. I do get an IP, and I do get WDS bridge working fine. The problem as stated is I have to reboot 5x a day to maintain connection, as soon as I disable DHCP I cannot access the router any more (tried absolutely all IP's, wireless and wired) unless I perform a hard-reset, I cannot get internet via Ethernet.

I would be very grateful if these issues were addressed for clarification.

Thanks in advance.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3400

Replies: 2

Related Articles