Extending WI-FI..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Extending WI-FI..

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Extending WI-FI..
Extending WI-FI..
2016-12-12 05:06:30
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi all.

Currently Using P.C. downstairs. My Rips/ music are on Internal HD on this P.C. This is all Connected via A TPLINK plug from my Router (next to P.C)...This then is Hardwired UPSTAIRS (using the other TPLINK plug/socket) to my Streamer > Through to my main HI-FI SET UP.. The connection is really stable. Great.

However, using My Tablet /Control App to my Streamer is not so stable.Sometimes its O.K.but at other times cuts out then has to reconnect. Very Annoying -I just go back to my Streamer remote...

so..With my current (above) Set-up Whats the best way of getting the 2 (Streamer & tablet) to "Keep talking to each other & not Fall out"

Went to Maplins (thats an Electrical Shop in the U.K. For those who dont Know) and got some conflicting advise...

One said I need an Extender.Tried this Did not work.(TP-LINK TL-WA850RE)

Went in next week and the other assistant said no need for booster. Just change your tablet settings from main Router Internet settings to TPLINK Password settings. (By getting a booster your just replicated whats already there.)
Apparently Some TPLINKS out put Wifi or just hardwire signal (mine does both.. Though I suspect not at the same time.). sOMEONE SUGGESTED USE fING APP TO FIND adress of plug in browser...??

Bottomline: I realise the signals weak via Wifi due to Router being downstairs. Whats the best way to give it a Boost..? (just got a standard SKY router with Fibre Optic.).. Iam sure Iam making this more complex than it really is !!!

someone suggested just use an old router and create another access point UPSTAIRS...but want to avoid wires around my Hifi...

All advise welcome but dont get to technical on ME !
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 329

Replies: 0

Related Articles