Archer C8v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C8v1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Archer C8v1
Archer C8v1
2016-12-17 22:53:41
Model : Archer C8

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I've bought my router from amazon in january 2015. I wanted to upgrade the firmware so my router is up to date.
I downloaded the newest firmware, and from the web interface, I've selected to upgrade. Everything seemed fine : the % number grew up... and nothing else. I mean : I cannot connect to the router anymore. Wifi don't work anymore, and even the power led is down. I only have two led awaken : according to the manuel, it's the ethernet and USB.
When I turn it off, nothing happens - just the two leds illuminates et noting else.

What can I do so I recover the router's functions ? Is there anyway to do a factory reset without enter the web interface ?
I've tried to push the reset for 30 seconds, without any success. I fear my router is bricked. :(
If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C8v1
2016-12-19 21:45:44
Hi,

It seems bricked.

Try to ping the router just after switching on, to see if the bootloader is dead or not.

If the ping is not responding, you should probably open a ticket to the TP-Link support...
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 393

Replies: 1

Related Articles