Archer C9 constant login failure

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-19 13:37:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

We recently purchased the Acher C9 and consider it to be one of the poorest routers we've ever seen.

Once the password login is setup during the setup phase, it will not work once setup is complete.

We run into this error on IE, Edge, Chrome and from a w10 machine, Server 2012R2 the only one that works is Chrome on Android.

Is there any solution to this? Running firmware update is impossible because of this.
Options
9 Reply
Re:Archer C9 constant login failure
2016-12-19 16:09:25
clear the cache of your browser, clear the arp cache of PC, reset the router, try to ping the gateway
Options
2016-12-21 06:16:23
It seems that was due to a bug with the firmware.

We run ESET, it took a few hours to finally crack into a PC and upgrade to the new firmware. Even after uninstalling ESET and logging in with any browser it had issues.
Amazingly also upgrading firmware managed to reset the entire router. Very disappointed in this setup process when compared to Linksys and ASUS with past routers.
Options
2016-12-21 20:33:06
May I know your current firmware version? And do you still have this login issue after the upgrade?
Options
2016-12-22 11:40:53
I can no longer login via Chrome (20161008). But, can consistently login with IE.
Options
2016-12-22 15:31:34

tplink wrote

May I know your current firmware version? And do you still have this login issue after the upgrade?

On Chrome, I had no issues with previous release. After update, I can only login with IE.

Firmware Version:3.17.0 Build 20161008 Rel.64225n Hardware Version:ArcherC9 v1 http://www.tp-link.com/en/Support/
Options
2016-12-27 05:29:17
I believe It Is TP-Link problem 100%. I have C2600 and exactly the same problem as
you described. Firmware update did not fix it. Only resetting helps for short period of time. In the beginning I had opposite situation Chrome worked a few times and IE did not allow me to login in the first place.
It is sad
Options
2016-12-27 14:00:04

mra wrote

It seems that was due to a bug with the firmware.

We run ESET, it took a few hours to finally crack into a PC and upgrade to the new firmware. Even after uninstalling ESET and logging in with any browser it had issues.
Amazingly also upgrading firmware managed to reset the entire router. Very disappointed in this setup process when compared to Linksys and ASUS with past routers.

Hi mra,

It's a known issue for us that ESET will block login of C9 and we fix this problem with the latest firmware version.
As for the reset, really sorry as it's caused by the firmware version updating. However, we will always remind in the release note area on the official website.
Options
2016-12-27 14:09:27

asp06 wrote

I believe It Is TP-Link problem 100%. I have C2600 and exactly the same problem as
you described. Firmware update did not fix it. Only resetting helps for short period of time. In the beginning I had opposite situation Chrome worked a few times and IE did not allow me to login in the first place.
It is sad

Hi,

It's also a known bug for us. And this issue happens 30 minutes later after rebooting the router.
However, the latest firmware has fixed it. Please download and upgrade the latest firmware on your Archer C2600.
http://www.tp-link.com/us/download/Archer-C2600.html#Firmware
Options
2016-12-27 14:10:37

Almaretto wrote

On Chrome, I had no issues with previous release. After update, I can only login with IE.

Firmware Version:3.17.0 Build 20161008 Rel.64225n Hardware Version:ArcherC9 v1

Hi

It seems caused by the browsing cache of Chrome. Please try to clear the browsing history of Chrome and then try again to login the router.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1254

Replies: 9

Related Articles