Archer Model C1200 : FTP Login failure after router reboot & NAT Port partial no respon

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer Model C1200 : FTP Login failure after router reboot & NAT Port partial no respon

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-21 11:14:02
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Firmware version : 1.0.2 Build 20160627 rel.57202 (US)

On 14 Dec 16, I purchased 3 qty C1200 router. Because, we always use PPTP and OpenVPN feature.

When I reboot the router, the FTP access right will failure. Every time I need to login the router and saved the web page. The FTP login will resume to normal.

Please fix the error.

We have two ftp server. We assign the port (8021) and (2021) for FTP server. I set the NAT table. Intranet can normal use the FTP. On internet aspect, I cannot log on the our ftp server. (Other port, e.g 3389 (Remote Desktop) or we assigned another remote Desktop port (3392), It can normal to access from internet.

Temporary solution, I set one IP in DMZ, another one I used PPTP or OpenVPN to login for accessing our FTP server.

Please fix problem.

Suggest to add router function
1. Schedule for Reboot router
2. Wake up on Lan (When we connect PPTP or OpenVPN, we can through the Router menu to switch on the PC).

Simon Shiu
Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer Model C1200 : FTP Login failure after router reboot & NAT Port partial no respon
2016-12-21 20:27:52
Hi Simon,

Thank you so much for your comments.
1. ftp error after a reboot is actually a known bug for us. And it will be fixed in the next firmware released.
Only if set up the username & password for ftp as both admin, will everything go well.

2. About ftp access, please try to access your local ftp servers in active mode. Take Chrome as an example, please open the Chrome browser, then refer to Chrome's Settings -> Network -> Change proxy settings -> Advanced -> Browsing, and then uncheck 'Use Passive FTP'. Click OK and then visit your ftp server again with Chrome.

Suggestions:
1. Will submit an improvement suggestion to our product manager;
2. Please tell how do you want to Wake on LAN. Actually you can open a specific port for Wake on LAN service on your local computer and make an ARP binding for your computer.
After that, you can just send the Wake on LAN message to that specific port to wake up the local computer.
Options
Re:Archer Model C1200 : FTP Login failure after router reboot & NAT Port partial no respon
2016-12-22 12:04:32
Thanks tplink administrator,

Wake up on Service, I suggest to add the function in menu. (When I use VPN to connect the router and login the Menu) I only input the ip address and press the wake up button. I will send the magic package to wake up my computer. (Now, my PC use BIOS schedule to auto switch on and switch off program for power off). Suggest to add this function in Router user menu.

PPTP VPN problem
When I connected PPTP VPN, it cannot connect to internet even I change to DNS 8.8.8.8, 8.8.4.4 or internet service provider (DNS). On Win 7 network screen, I will show to connect Internet (of course I changed DNS). My Android phone is same. It can connect the PPTP VPN but cannot connect internet. (The situation is like use intranet). And it cannot on the TP Link router menu.

I use OpenVPN and assign the right DNS. It can normal to connect internet and browse website such as yahoo, google.

Pls fix PPTP VPN error.

Simon Shiu
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 795

Replies: 2