Archer D7 Firmware Issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2016-12-23 06:21:19
Model : Archer D7

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 1.6.0 0.9.1 v002d.0 Build 160216 Rel.57110n

ISP : N/A

After upgrading to firmware 1.6.0 0.9.1 v002d.0 Build 160216 Rel.57110n on a V1 Archer D7, I've found several issues which I have not been able to resolve as well as some annoyances which didn't exist in the non-Tether-compatible firmware installed previously.

The most serious issue is that wireless devices are not visible to wired devices or, if they are visible, are not accessible with Windows Remote Desktop without re-saving the D7's Wireless settings. At first I thought this was a bridging issue between 2.4G and 5G but the problem is broader than that.

To replicate the problem, bring a PC up (from power down or sleep) connected via wireless (2.4G or 5G) then open Network (Win 7 Pro) on a PC connected via a wired connection. The wireless device is shown in the D7's wireless devices list but may not be shown in the wired PC's Network list or may take several minutes to appear after a refresh. Any attempt to connect to the wireless device using Windows Remote Desktop fails with a message that the device was not found on the network.

To rectify the problem, go to the D7's Advanced/Wireless settings and click 'Save' for the band that the wireless device is connected to. Then retry Windows Remote Desktop and the device can now be accessed.

This behavior is 100% repeatable, both the symptom and the fix. It doesn't matter which band the wireless device is using. This problem was not evident on the previous firmware I was using ( not the previous release, the one I had installed which was not Tether-compatible and had the older UI).

I'll post additional issues/annoyances in a separate post once this one is published.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 770

Replies: 0

Related Articles