Netlfix cast WIFI problem with router WDR4300 and extender WA830RE

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-01 04:30:16
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I'm having intermittent Netflix cast problems.
I can cast with Youtube no problem.
I cast with ChromeCast:
- Chromecast 1st generation on one TV
- Chromecast 2nd generation on the other.

My setup:
- Router TP-Link WDR4300 N750
- Range extender TP-Link WA830RE-N300

My devices:
- Android phones
- Android tablet
- Windows 8 PCs

Both devices have the most recent firmware installed. I resintalled them with factory default settings.

My router is installed in the basement and the range extender is on the first floor to cover the dead zones.

The symptoms:
- When I want to cast from the tablet or phone to the Chromecast I'm getting either thoses things: 1- blank screen then it comes back to the default screen, 2- Blue screen mentionning Small problem... 3- Netflix logo with the three dots and then comes back to the default screen. Sometimes when it fails I'm getting the 16001 or 16004 on the app.
- Sometimes even the Netflix apps is not loading on my phone or tablet. On my phone I can switch from wifi to the LTE network and the app suddenly works.

The only solution I have for now is to do factory reset on the Chromecast. When that fails I reset all my devices including the router and extender.

The only setting I changed was to configure static IP adresses for the chromecast devices. That didn't seem to solve the problem.

I called Netflix but since it works with the LTE network, it's not a Netflix problem.
I called my ISP but Netflix work correctly on wired PC, so it's not the ISP.

I need help here. This is the summary of several days of troubleshooting.

Regards
Options
1 Reply
Re:Netlfix cast WIFI problem with router WDR4300 and extender WA830RE
2017-01-03 11:36:13
This problem is some kind of complicated, suggest you contact the support team at support.ca@tp-link.com
suggest you to confirm which devices are your phone connected to, the router or the repeater. change check the error code with netflix, let them suggest what kind of netowrk problem could lead to such error code.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 1

Related Articles