Compatibility of TL-WR841HP with DES1008A

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-02 21:42:10
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi,

I have a TP-Link TL-WR841HP modem router. It works fine on wireless and ethernet until a switch is included in the network.
On connecting any computer via the switch the DHCP fails to assign an IP address to the computer itself.

On the other hand this same setup works with Tp-Link TL-WR841N.

I have simply no clue as to what could be wrong.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

BharatG
Options
2 Reply
Re:Compatibility of TL-WR841HP with DES1008A
2017-01-03 11:14:45
this issue should have something to do with the switch, but still not able to confirm. i think you may could install a packets capturing tool "wireshark" and then capture some data packets, and sent the packets to tp-link support team at support.usa@tp-link.com or support@tp-link.com. The packets better including the ones with 841HP has problem and 841N without problem . Also, some detailed information about the switch and topology will also be of help.
Options
Re:Compatibility of TL-WR841HP with DES1008A
2017-01-03 12:00:03

civic wrote

this issue should have something to do with the switch, but still not able to confirm. i think you may could install a packets capturing tool "wireshark" and then capture some data packets, and sent the packets to tp-link support team at [EMAIL="support.usa@tp-link.com"]support.usa@tp-link.com[/EMAIL] or [EMAIL="support@tp-link.com"]support@tp-link.com[/EMAIL]. The packets better including the ones with 841HP has problem and 841N without problem . Also, some detailed information about the switch and topology will also be of help.

Hi,

The topology is a star with the switch as the center of the star. The switch is an unmanaged switch with one connection to Routers LAN port and the other connection to the computers.
The same topology works with the TL-WR841N, but not with the TL-WR841HP, with the same configurations on both the Routers.
The DHCP just does not assign an IP to the computers when working with TL-WR841HP.
Even if I assign a manual IP in the desired range it will not connect.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 419

Replies: 2

Related Articles