Archer C7 drops connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-03 03:04:13
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

have bought a Archer V7 Rev2. in august 2016, from beginning i have a bigger problems,
the router drops sporadically the connection from some devices.
The dropped devices are very near to the router (2-3 meters), dual band selection or not (only 2.4GHz) has no effect.

Have also updated the firmware to the newest version from 16/06/16,
still the router drops often the WIFI connection from multiple clients, specially from devices with Android.

In the admin area have disabled all specials functions (bandwith control, WPS, ....),
only DHCP and NAT is active, still the problems occur. Only rebooting the router does not help.

If i change the start address for DHCP and then reboot, then the respectiove client can connect, only after few hours the drops occur again.
In the system logs i see no errors, no warnings.
Even is if use a static IP the dropping happens after some time.

Can somebody help me ?

Best regards,
lothi14
Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer C7 drops connection
2017-01-03 15:30:37
May I know what kind of devices do you connect to the router?
And what about the model number of the wireless network adapters of these devices?
It seems likely a compatibility issue between the router and the network adapters.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 676

Replies: 1

Related Articles