TL-WA801ND AP Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TL-WA801ND AP Problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TL-WA801ND AP Problem
TL-WA801ND AP Problem
2017-01-06 18:48:12
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Looking for some help with hopefully a small issue that I've overlooked.

I have a TL-WA801ND set up as an AP connected to my main router via ethernet. (about 40m away in an outside building)

Both are set to the same SSID & Password.

Its set up with a static IP and the Gateway set as the main routers IP address, DHCP is disabled.

Wireless is set to Auto channel, 11bgn mixed, 20Mhz channel width. wireless radio and SSID broadcast both enabled.

I have a similar setup (different make AP, same SSID and password) setup inside the house on the first floor which works perfectly.

Now the issue....

I my iPhones and iPads wont connect to the TL-WA801ND wireless network, infact they cant even see the network (the SSID is there but its the extremely poor signal from the house some 40m away).

However, if I fire up my laptop (which is connected by ethernet to the main router) log into the TL's admin webpage then all of a sudden everything works fine.

I can then close the browser and it will be fine all day, however if I stray away from the outbuilding and connect to the main house signal (which it does just fine) and then come back to the TL's signal I have to go through the whole logging in to the admin panel again.

Not the end of the world but I'd like to get it fixed!

Thanks.
Options
1 Reply
TL-WA801ND AP Problem in Channel Width 20MHz
2017-02-08 21:33:31
I have the same problem.

TL-WA801ND v3

Firmware: 3.16.9 Build 160223 Rel. 48414n

I have purchased three units in order to keep each unit on channel 1, 6 and 11.

The moment you change Channel Width from Auto to 20Mhz (in mode: "bgn mixed") the unit stops responding. The SSID is lost from all the devices and you need to Factory reset the unit.
It happens on all three units purchased.

If you change mode to "bg mixed" (n is excluded) then the Channel Width:20Mhz is operational (which is correct).

There is a serious problem with the Firmware or the Unit under the mode "bgn mixed" and Channel Width 20Mhz.

Please advise.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 539

Replies: 1

Related Articles