TP-link TL-WN823N interrupts the internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-10 04:11:17
Model : TL-WN823N

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've bought this model to ensure i'll have internet to my newly bought desktop, since i didn't want to buy a Ethernet cable and connect it to my desktop, which is pretty far from the router. But needless to say, it worked perfect for the first day. I mean really, no problems whatsoever. But one thing i must clarify is that i have win 10 installed on my desktop and from what I've read, this model has built in compatibility and so i didn't install any drivers for it to function. Even though that was enough, i thought i want to install them anyway, i downloaded the most fresh ones from the website. I went through the setup, but before starting the installation, it said i didn't have any adapter plugged in, and said either to press "yes" to redo this action or "no" to ignore it and close the setup, which was strange. Anyway, back at the core problem.

By the end of the day, win 10 requested an update, so i let it update and shut it down. Today, i turned on the PC and was surfing the internet for 2 to 3 hours, and after that i experienced some connection issues. It started from just being able to access webpages at a lower speed to it completely losing internet connection. I had to check if it was from the main router, but no, any other devices works perfectly when the adapter isn't plugged in while being close to it. When i plug in the adapter, the phone and also my laptop lose any connection to internet and experience the same issue as my desktop. What is causing this? Does it mean the adapter might have a defect?
Options
1 Reply
Re:TP-link TL-WN823N interrupts the internet connection
2019-10-01 20:06:25
i am facing the exact same problem. The first usage worked fine. After that, things started to get weird. When I plug in the adapter, I am facing serious internet connection issues on ALL devices in the network (only tried on wlan devices)
Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 850

Replies: 1