Changing Wifi name and password for AV600 adaptor

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-15 20:48:34
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi
I'm really sorry for this post as this shoiuld be a simple enough exercise, however after several frustrating attempts I am unable to find the right way and change the name and password for my AV600 adaptor.

I have downloaded the TPLink Powerline Adaptor Utility which seems to be the general support advice but the only option is to select a Device to modify. When I do this I can change the Device name but the password option allows me to enter only UPPER CASE letters or numbers in sequences of 4 (seperated by a '-').

I have changed TP Link adaptors in the past and have an 8 digit password with both UPPER lower case characters and numbers and would like to do the same. HOW?!?!?!?! :-( :-)

Thanks for any guidance. Sure I will realise I'm doing something stupid.
Options
1 Reply
Re:Changing Wifi name and password for AV600 adaptor
2017-01-16 08:43:13
the old models' wifi settings can't be changed by tpPLC,the password showed in tpPLC is for the powerline part,not the wifi part

download the scan utility and it can help to open the webGUI and you can change your wifi settings

http://uk.tp-link.com/download/TL-WPA4220KIT_V1.html#Utility

the last one on this page
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4256

Replies: 1

Related Articles