Quick Question on Maximum USB Memory Size for TP-Link AC1750 Archer C7

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-16 22:35:11
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I've been using my TP-Link AC1750 (Archer C7) wifi router for about a yr and it works pretty good (although once every several months or so the 2.5GHz link will drop out for some reason - then have to reconnect)...

And I'm using two 16GB USB Flash drives in the USB ports to provide 'network' storage - work pretty good but a bit slow)
- I'm thinking of expanding the USB storage size to say 2x 128GB (see below for the flash drive I'm looking at) - so my question is;

What is the maximum size USB memory that I can use with this router??

And is there anything else I need to know about using a 128GB USB stick in my router?

Many thanks and regards.

Sandisk Cruzer Glide 128GB USB2.0 Flash Drive # SDCZ60-128G-B35S

Options
2 Reply
Re:Quick Question on Maximum USB Memory Size for TP-Link AC1750 Archer C7
2017-01-17 15:37:20
Hi, you said the speed is a bit low when copy/paste files between PC and USB stick to the router?
The speed is not decided on the size of your USB memory, even though you use 128GB USB drive, the speed won't improve nearly. May I know how fast the speed is?
And I use a 5TB hard drive and it works fine with Archer C7.
Options
Re:Quick Question on Maximum USB Memory Size for TP-Link AC1750 Archer C7
2017-01-19 06:57:48
Thanks for the reply smos - you've answered my question - since you are using a 5TB drive I am confident that the Archer C7 can handle a 128GB flash...

Regarding speed I'm not too worried - not sure exactly what the actual transfer speed is for the 16GB sticks I'm using but is OK - and as you say the 128GB's should be similar so it will be very adequate for storing some music files etc.

Thanks again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2740

Replies: 2