My wireless adapter TP WN823N keeps disconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-20 06:31:05
Model : TL-WN823N

Hardware Version : Not Clear

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hello,

I have been using a TL-WN722N adapter for a couple of years in my computer and I always had a good signal and I didn't have any problems. I gave it to a friend and I bought another model, the TP WN823N and I didn't have any problems the first four days. The fifth day it started disconnecting itself after some time, from ~30m to ~2h. If I opened the menu with the connections available I didn't see anything. I didn't knew if it was the adapter, so I asked my friend to give me back my old adapter and I gave him the new, so he could try it and see if the problem was only mine. It happened to him too, and the old adapter worked just fine with my computer. I tried uninstalling the drivers and installing them again and that seemed to solve the problem, but the next day I had the problem again.

What could be the cause? Thank you
Options
3 Reply
Re:My wireless adapter TP WN823N keeps disconnecting
2017-01-23 11:03:01
according to your description,it could be a faulty.
I suggest you to cantact the retailer for a replacement.
Options
2017-01-24 14:38:30
There could be several reasons for your adapter to continually disconnect from your network.
One of the first things to ensure is that you're connecting your adapter directly to a USB port on your computer and not through a USB hub. I would also make sure that you're not too far away from your wireless router/access point since an extremely weak signal could cause the connection to drop.
Another possibility is that you have some kind of appliance or electronic equipment causing interference. Things like microwaves and cordless phones are known to cause interference problems. Other wireless networks can also interfere with yours if it is close enough. This can often be remedied by changing the channel on which it sends the signal. Most routers are set by default to use channel 6, so you could try changing yours to something else.
If none of the above suggestions help, you may want to try uninstalling any software and drivers related to the adapter and start fresh by installing the most up to date drivers and software again.
Options
2018-10-23 10:57:01
the old adapter worked just fine with my computer. I tried uninstalling the drivers and installing them again and that seemed to solve the problem, but the next day I had the problem again.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 7049

Replies: 3

Related Articles