New router - advice requested

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-24 13:50:56
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

After a lot of hassle with our previous router (AC1200, Sitecom WLR 7100), this one was ultimately returned to the store and we are now looking for a replacement router.

After a little bit of research, we've selected the following routers:
- TP link archer 3200
- TP link archer C7
- TP link archer 2600

Situation is as follows (dutch semi detached house):
1. Cisco 3925 Ziggo modem (in bridge) in the cupboard naer front door
2. NEW ROUTER in cupboard
3. 4x wired output required (network attic, 1x TV, Bose sound 1x and 1x WD MyCloud)
4. 2x older model iPad (2.4Ghz)
5. 2x new model iPhone (5.0 GHz)
6. Laptop use wireless on 2.4 but also at the attic via switch / UTP cable (provided)
7. BOSE sound system, WiFi 5.0GHz
8. HP printer, which is connected via UTP / switch at the attic to the network.

The previous router signa was initially good, both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz. On 1st floor is sufficient. Attic no WiFi range anymore.

The router is behind a Ziggo modem (was put in bridge-modus already, on the advice of Sitecom support); I would like to see we can connect the router in the cupboard, connect the UTP in the WAN port and plug it only onces to the laptop (or app on iPad), and that it works at once .. No firmware tweakes or wh so-ever..

At the attic, a conneced switchis aready in place, and since better wifi is required there (for iPad and iPhone, laptop can used wired), it may still be worth considering a second router ? Or will that interfere with the main router? (Again, I am not going to setup/tweak a router to have various settings, etc. to get everything working, I also do not know so well what's the difference between a router / access point (for me it's the same ...)).

We have ever tried a WiFi repeater, however therefore the range of Sitecom was too weak. But perhaps it is possible with a new type of router? And will it work on 5Ghz ..?

A lot of questions so on .. Since TP sales Netherlands is not replying to my emails, I'm tryin this forum.

Kind regads,
Options
2 Reply
Re:New router - advice requested
2017-01-25 11:15:02
If your house is a bit large and find the router can hardly handle all the wifi clients, it's recommended to adopt a wireless router together with a kit of wireless powerline adapters.
For example, suppose you have got the router and find the signal still a little weak at the attic, then you can expand by a kit of two wireless powerline adapters, one is plugged near the router while the other one plugged at the attic. Then internet will be forward through the power line and then finally radiate by the powerline adapter at the attic, ensuring a best signal there.
However, need to pay attention that powerline adapters need to be plugged in the same power network, and should be plugged directly to the wall socket bypassing an external one.
Options
Re:New router - advice requested
2017-02-01 17:18:00
Hi,

Just to clarify, we do have a wired connection to the attic. So we are able to connect a router/access point directly to the network and there is no need to use powerline adapters.
Main question remains what kind of router would you suggest and second, what kind of router/access point at the attic?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 604

Replies: 2

Related Articles