Archer C3150 5G disconnecting all the time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-25 22:39:46
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi, I have an Archer C3150 v1 with firmware version 0.9.1 0.1 v005f.0 Build 160707 and I have a problem where sometimes more than once a day the 5Ghz band disconnects to some of my devices or works really bad, most noticiable under heavy usage situations (like plex streaming). I have to reset the router for it to go back to work as usual. I wonder if there's something to fix it? I've seen that Archer C7 is having the same issue, could it be something like it?

Thanks!
Options
75 Reply
Re:Archer C3150 5G disconnecting all the time
2017-02-03 19:56:37
I'm having the same issue with my C3150! It's getting really annoying, and disruptive, they need to release a firmware update to address this. TP-Link, where are you?
Options
2017-02-04 14:05:49
When the 5Ghz wireless disconnects, could you see the 5GHz signal on your wireless devices? It just disappears or still exists there but couldn't be connected?
Will a reboot (not reset) fix it?
Options
2017-02-04 17:15:55

tplink wrote

When the 5Ghz wireless disconnects, could you see the 5GHz signal on your wireless devices? It just disappears or still exists there but couldn't be connected?Will a reboot (not reset) fix it?
Hi, thanks for getting back to me! On my devices it does two things, sometimes they will be disconnected from the 5 Ghz network, then almost immediately reconnect, other times the 5 Ghz network disconnects, but then the devices can't reconnect at all. Every so often, the 5 Ghz network will completely disappear. A router reboot fixes it for a while, but the issue always comes back, I have even reset the modem a couple of times, but the issue always comes back then, too.
Options
2017-02-04 17:54:37
May I know how long will it take to crash the 5GHz signal in average?
Options
2017-02-04 18:47:54

tplink wrote

May I know how long will it take to crash the 5GHz signal in average?
After a router reset, it takes a few days, after just a Router reboot, it starts crashing the same day.
Options
2017-02-06 11:30:53
Just to make a test, disable the wireless encryption for the 5GHz wifi and keep tracking the status of the 5GHz wifi, checking if it still crashes. Need the test to help locate this issue.
Thanks.
Options
2017-02-06 13:16:14
Hi, I have the same model and the same version and I am having the same problems. It says that I am connected but it is so slow and it disconnects on both 2.4 and 5 GHZ. The problem just began as well. I have to reload a web page like a facebook or youtube three or four times before it works. Even when I am connected through an Ethernet cord on the router it is slow as well. The modem works fine but I bought the router so it can be faster and the range could be extended but not the modem would be WAY better than the router. I don't know why it is acting strangely. If any of you have any idea on how to solve it please let me know, I have spent the entire weekend trying to fix it and calling my service provider but only to find out that it is the router.
Options
2017-02-06 20:54:12

tplink wrote

Just to make a test, disable the wireless encryption for the 5GHz wifi and keep tracking the status of the 5GHz wifi, checking if it still crashes. Need the test to help locate this issue.Thanks.
I will do that today, and report back.
Options
2017-02-07 01:09:47

NorCalRailRoadGuy wrote

I will do that today, and report back.

Okay, I've disabled security for 5 Ghz, I will run it like that all day and see what happens.
Options
2017-02-07 10:46:25

nabeillemar wrote

Hi, I have the same model and the same version and I am having the same problems. It says that I am connected but it is so slow and it disconnects on both 2.4 and 5 GHZ. The problem just began as well. I have to reload a web page like a facebook or youtube three or four times before it works. Even when I am connected through an Ethernet cord on the router it is slow as well. The modem works fine but I bought the router so it can be faster and the range could be extended but not the modem would be WAY better than the router. I don't know why it is acting strangely. If any of you have any idea on how to solve it please let me know, I have spent the entire weekend trying to fix it and calling my service provider but only to find out that it is the router.

What's your internet service provider? The model No. of the modem? And what about the connection type, is it Dynamic IP or PPPoE?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 10171

Replies: 75

Related Articles