Archer C3150 5G disconnecting all the time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer C3150 5G disconnecting all the time

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
75 Reply
Re:Archer C3150 5G disconnecting all the time
2018-04-07 00:26:41

rolvy wrote

I have the Canadian version too. You need to contact technical support (support.usa@tp-link.com) and get them to e-mail you the beta firmware update for the router. This will solve the issues you have described.
@rolvy I contacted Canadian support to which the response was try this try that... Which I had already done... Called them up, no beta firmware for CA devices... Basic troubleshooting, agent wanted to open RMA ticket (possible faulty device) contacted Amazon... They're sending me a replacement tomorrow... Considering this seems to be an issue with v1, it's likely to happen again... Might either send it back for refund but the C5400 or change manufacturer... TP-Link nor Amazon will swap to v2
Options
2018-05-09 21:34:06
Has this issue been resolved? I am having the same problem with my C3200 Ver 1.1 with latest firmware 710707. Programs keep dropping out. Happens on several streaming devices throughout the house. Last night I rebooted the router thru the software. It was good all night until I switched my phone to WiFi on the same channel the TV was using. The TV then dropped the program. Patiently waiting for my tech support help to be answered.
Options
2018-05-10 17:21:15
hey, have you changed other fixed wireless channel?
Try to change another channel firstly.
Options
2019-12-03 22:02:26

Oh they somehow reopen this forum. I wish I whould have read all this a year ago. I have the same issue, some random drop of 2,4 GHz, then 5 GHz Wi-Fi. Acceptable at the beginning, then it became worst. Not only signal drop, but signal strength is not at all good. When I am about 1 or 2 meters from the router, it's very fast (like 500 - 800 Mbps), but when I go in another room (a few meters away), many times there is no signal, or very weak signal, when the box from my ISP, next to the C3150, without any external antenna, has a strong signal.

I started to complain to TP Link support. I don't know why I sent email to Australian support (while I'm in France, some problem with the website). They acknowledged the problem and asked me to send it back, but I needed to do it with TP-Link France instead. TP-Link France requires me to open a ticket to get a number, then call them. Nobody answered the called. 3 months later, no reply from the ticket, I called them again, and again nobody took the call. I then worked with the reseller (Amazon), who did a very good job to send my another unit. The same problem, if not worse: it disconnect more often.

To summarize:

- Frequent Wi-Fi drop on 2,4 GHz, then 5 GHz

- The same problem with a replacement unit

- TP-Link support is non-existent, unreachable

In the screenshot my attempts to contact TP-Link France, via they official Zoho desk, 7 months ago without an anwser.

Options
2019-12-03 23:12:53

To give some more details, as I think not only it disconnect, but only the signal is weak. In my setup, the Internet box (802.11n, it's Freefox mini 4K if you are curious) and router C3150 are next to each other.

- 2m away: -47 dBm from the box, -44 dBm (5 GHz) and -79 dBm (2,4 GHz) from the router.

- In another room, 3m away, but in the upper floor: -61 dBm from the box, -76 dBm (5 GHz) and -81 dBm (2,4 GHz) from the router

While these numbers in dBm can't directly be used to compare between the two, I give them anyway in case it could help. I tried to disable Wi-Fi on the box, disable one frequency on the router, turn on and off "Smart connect", use the same and different SSID for two frequencies, change transmit power between middle and high, but none helped.

Options
Related Articles