Archer C7 crashes when using qbittorrent

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2017-01-28 20:45:19
Model :

Hardware Version :

Firmware Version :

ISP :

I start qbittorent and after a few minutes downloading (sometimes more sometimes less, usually just 2 minutes) I lose Internet Connection.
WiFi is still ON but nothing happens. Ping's to router also time out. Entering admin router page also fails. Seems like router just 'crashes'.
After 30 seconds everything comes back up and starts working again until it crashes again and again.

I tried lowering the number of connections in qbittorrent and right now it's at 100 max global connections. Still the same thing happens. Right now I upgraded to a fast 200Mbps internet connection so the problem happens in less than 1 minute so I'm basically in a cycle of 1min internet ON - 30s OFF until I close qbittorrent and curse my spent money.

This happens when I connect via 2.4, 5ghz or wired directly to router. I tried looking at the router stats but couldn't gather anything useful. Also tried disabling spi firewall and all options on security tab with the same results. 100 connections doesn't seem like a lot to handle and my old router never crashed with 500 connections...

Anyone has a clue on how to debug this further or what can be causing this crash??? Any help?

I don't think I have anything fancy configured on the router besides default config. Only thing I configured was IPTV VLAN so I'm using igmp proxy with 802.1Q Tag VLAN.
Also using 2.4 and 5Ghz and changed to Google DNS servers.

backstory: Tired of my crappy ISP provided router, I bought Archer C7 but I'm hugely disappointed on it's performance since it crashes more than a $25 router:

Firmware Version: 3.14.3 Build 150427 Rel.36706n
Hardware Version: Archer C7 v2 00000000
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 498

Replies: 0

Related Articles